Dermatology Industry Highlights
- In 2020, the global dermatology market size was valued at $19,974.3 million.
- The market is projected to reach $59,309.3 million by 2030.
- That’s an 11.5 percent CAGR from 2021 to 2030.
- Around 106,110 new melanoma cases are diagnosed in the U.S. every year, according to the American Cancer Society 2021.
- Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the U.S. in 2021, stated the American Academy of Dermatology.
Dermatology Physician Practice Challenges
- Due to a growing number of medical spas and other physician specialties offering similar services, the dermatology physician practice requires a consistent level of marketing.
- Dermatology doctors must continually communicate with existing and potential patients with a variety of news, events, and branding.
- Patient retention, always a topline challenge, is how the dermatology physician ensures growth and sustainability.
Dermatology Physician Practice Opportunities
- The pharmaceutical side of dermatology continues to grow with major market players developing new products to benefit physicians and patients alike.
- Acne is on the rise, and this means dermatologists see a younger demographic in their practices. The American Academy of Dermatology observes that around 85% of people aged 12 to 24 years have minor acne which prompts a visit to the dermatologist for treatment.
- Among an aging population, skin cancer is the most prevalent, especially in the North American market and demographic. Services associated with the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer are the most needed by these patients.
Marketing the Dermatology Physician Practice with Karma Health
Karma Health, a growth partner to physician practices, offers medical marketing services to dermatologists throughout the country. We invite only one dermatology physician from each state to work with us.
This exclusivity ensures that each physician practice receives targeted marketing services and professional attention. Our goal is to grow your practice, sustain that growth and help you expand. To that end, our qualified team of marketers, financial advisors, growth strategists, and construction experts serve you.
Not only will we service the frontline customer experience for your practice with automation, we also will focus on the back-end digital marketing aspects to fix and grow your business. The customer experience is buoyed by technology applications and automated services from our partnership with a leader in the physician practice marketplace.
Our digital marketing services from the inside bring your dermatology practice to life with our own proprietary algorithm that adjusts with every Google algorithm change. We focus on growth goals to bring more patients into your practice consistently, month by month.
What is Dermatology?
Dermatologic physicians manage various diseases associated with the skin. Those may include acne, atopic dermatitis, skin cancer, or psoriasis. Dermatologists receive medical training in the specialty associated with hair, skin, and nails.
The American Academy of Dermatology reports that a dermatologist treats around 3,000 skin-related diseases. Throughout an individual’s life, a dermatologist is highly likely to be required to assist with common skin conditions.
North America garnered a major share in the dermatological market in 2020 and is expected to continue to dominate during the forecast period, owing to the rise in prevalence of acne, increase in a number of approval for dermatological products, presence of key players, and development in R&D activities in the healthcare sector in the region.